In this course, we focus on the preliminary aspects that any researcher should focus when he/she intends to begin writing any research paper that eventually will be submitted to an international peer-reviewed journal. By attempting this course a graduate student or an early-stage researcher will be able to learn the important steps that will help him/her gather sufficient information and collate the required details that are mentioned in the journal guidelines.
We will be focusing on the following aspects in this course:
- Understanding how research papers are written in specific subject areas,
- Importance of recording details that can be incorporated into the research paper at the writing stage,
- Importance of journal selection to the writing process,
- Creating drafts of researcher papers for feedback, and
- Importance of the different styles of academic writing for research papers.
At the end of the course, researchers would have increased awareness of the following three aspects: a) differences in writing styles for different journals, b) understanding the target audience for your research papers, and c) importance of journal selection for writing research papers.
Mr. Nicholas has more than 12 years experience in the academic publishing industry. At T&F, he was responsible for managing more than 30 journals and was also the founding member of Journal Development Team. He has been a part of several notable international organizations such as ALPSP, INASP, SSP, ISMTE, and EASE. He is also a Council Member of European Association of Science Editors (EASE) and Chair of the 2017-2018 Organizing committee of ISMTE.